FLOORING INSTALLER – Tri-Cities Area
Great Floors is a reputable flooring company that is seeking journeyman installers. The position is based in the Tri-Cities area with some day travel to Oregon. The priority products include tile, laminate, vinyl and carpet. This position performs manual work at the journeyman level in floor covering installation, maintenance, and repair.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Estimates, measures, and cuts carpets and other soft or roll floor materials, and foundation material, according to blueprints and sketches for new installation, repairs, or replacements of floor coverings.
* Estimates, measures, and prepares floor surfaces for installation or repair of hard surface floor coverings, both tiles and roll vinyl sheet materials.
* Disconnects and removes obstacles such as appliances and light fixtures.
* Sweeps, scrapes, sands, or chips dirt irregularities from base surfaces, and fills cracks with putty, plaster, or cement grout to form smooth, clean foundation.
* Spreads adhesive cement over floor to cement foundation material to floor for sound deadening, and to prevent covering from wearing at board joints.
* Lays out center lines, guidelines, and borderlines on foundation with chalk line and dividers.
* Lays covering on cement, following guidelines, to keep tile courses straight and butts’ edges of blocks to match patterns and execute designs.
* Joins sections of sheet covering by overlapping adjoining edges and cutting through both layers with knife to form tight joint.
* Rolls finished floor to smooth it and press cement into base and covering.
* Finishes and refinishes various types of wood floors with sanders and cleaning equipment; applies sealers, vanishes, and floor waxes as required.
* Performs other work as required in support of general maintenance activity.
Background check is mandatory. 401K, medical, dental and vision offered.